[aur-general] Vote - Moving [community] to use same system as main repos

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Jan 22 23:50:10 EST 2009

Loui Chang wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 01:51:40PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>
>>  As far as the web changes go, I suggest the relevant AUR developers talk to
>>  the people who do the Arch site work and sort this out.
>>

> Well it depends. Do we want [community] to remain in AUR so we keep
> votes and comments and such, or do we drop those packages from AUR?

I think non-coders opinions begin to matter less in this because they
will not be doing the work.

Saying that, personally, I do not see the need for messages or votes
once a packages is in [community].  Many messages should probably go to
the bug tracker and votes mean nothing once a package enters the repos.
Maybe the main site needs an area where maintainers can leave a comment
about their package.

Allan