[aur-general] Vote - Moving [community] to use same system as main repos

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 09:25:59 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 01:27:18PM +0100, Geoffroy Carrier wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 06:42, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think the categories would be removed.
>
> I think categories are completely useless and should be removed from
> unsupported too. AFAIK, only [community] is really maintained as a
> tree.

I actually like categories. They really help quickly whittle down
searches. The only problem is that a package can officially only be
in one category, when actually it could easily fit into two or more.

Categories wouldn't really have to be removed, but you'd have
to set them manually like in unsupported.