[aur-general] Vote - Moving [community] to use same system as main repos

Geoffroy Carrier geoffroy.carrier at koon.fr
Sat Jan 24 15:16:31 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 15:52, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> what about tags instead of categories?

We already have groups, provide descriptions and URLs.

Are there/would there be people using features such as categories, tags, etc.?
Are there people who want to focus on writing tools to support them?
And then spend time on feeding them with the corresponding info?
If yes, let's do it!

IMHO freshmeat/the FSF directory, for example, already do a nice job
of classification.
Should every distro spend time on providing similar features for their packages?

I don't feel like it fits in arch.
And I personally don't want to focus on it either...

So that should be my last message in this thread :)

--
Geoffroy Carrier