[aur-general] Application for TU

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Jul 1 01:15:39 EDT 2009

corvolino wrote:
>    Hello everyone.
>
>    I'm interested in becoming a TU. Thotypous has agreed to be my sponsor.
> <snip>

I had a quick skim of your PKGBUILDs in the AUR.  A couple of comments:

1) do not use specific sourceforge mirrors;  use
downloads.sourceforge.net instead (e.g. pidgin-festival)
2) you should use srcdir/pkgdir instead of startdir/  but I notice some
PKGBUILDs do this so maybe it is is transition thing.
3) you can use "install -Dm" instead of "install -d" followed by
"install -m"

Other than that, you PKGBUILDs all look fine.  I didn't notice anything
very complicated in my quick skim through (no patching etc).

Good luck,
Allan