[aur-general] Recommended Encoding for PKGBUILDS?

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Thu Jul 2 10:52:06 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 10:34:44 -0400
Ray Kohler <ataraxia937 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:29 AM, <hollunder at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 16:25:40 +0200
> > Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Try : View -> Encoding -> Auto detect -> Universal
> >
> > Thanks, this works, but:
> > it was set to utf-8, so this makes me believe that there's still
> > something wrong somewhere.
> >

> The galan-git PKGBUILD looked fine to me without changing anything,
> but my dvdwizard one only looked right after setting "Auto Detect ->
> Universal". Weird.

On a somewhat related note, I wrote a patch today, and firefox thinks
it's a binary or something and tries to download it instead of showing
me the text: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/acweight/acweight/

What did I do wrong there?
The patch was created using:
diff -u acweight/Makefile Makefile > destdircp.patch