[aur-general] Disowning monsoon, monotorrent and mono-nat

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Mon Jul 6 10:33:49 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Tomás Acauan
Schertel<tschertel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I'm disowning these three packages from AUR.
> Feel free to take them.
>
> mono-nat -> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24102
> monotorrent -> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24104
> monsoon -> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17349

Just orphan them and somebody will adopt them, simply you DON'T have
to tell us that you are orphanizing or adopting unsupported packages.

This message is for everybody (not just Tomás), please don't send
e-mails to the list when you adopt or orphanize a PKGBUILD, just
orphan it and someone will adopt it.. that's it!. Why devs and tus can
do it or have to do it?, simply, they maintain official packages.

I've been this bad habit/behaviour from somedays ago, and I've tried
to don't said something harsh, but this time i think it's enough, I
appreciate those all contributions, but there are some _rules_ and
there are thousands of packages in AUR, just imagine if every people
who orphan or adopt a package will send an e-mail to the list, it will
flood the list!.

Just that, nothing personal.

Cheers

--