[aur-general] Disowning monsoon, monotorrent and mono-nat

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 13:59:32 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 13:59, Stefan Husmann<stefan-husmann at t-online.de> wrote:
> I think the easiest way to archieve something similar to point one is to
> encourage everyone who orphans a package to leave a short comment, i.e
> "orphaning", on AURs comment page. Everyone who gets notifications about
> that package (and these are the candidates for adoption) will get a mail
> then, and no code changes are needed.
>
> Regards Stefan

Right, but why tell users to perform a two manual actions (orphan,
comment) in order to trigger an automatic action (notification) when
the notification can be triggered automatically by the action of
orphaning it. It would require a code change, but I can't imagine it's
a large one. The largest hassle is probably that of translating the
message.