[aur-general] CVS freeze and move to SVN/official tools

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 16 02:45:55 EDT 2009

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:01 AM, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Aaron Griffin wrote:

>>> Tested dbscripts (you'll see a 'foobar' package in community x86_64 -
>>> I added then removed it from the DB)
>>>
>>> When running the dbscripts, you'll need to use /arch/db-community{,64}
>>> - or manually /arch/db-update community {i686,x86_64} - ignore the
>>> scripts for extra/core/etc
>>>
>>> Additionally, I created a skeleton repo called "community-testing" to
>>> be used as a testing repo. It's not linked up to gerolde, so it does
>>> nothing for the time being, but you should be able to use it if you
>>> want (archrelease community-testing-$ARCH; /arch/db-update
>>> community-testing $ARCH)
>>>

>> Great.  Now we just need to get ABS working again.  This should just be a
>> matter of altering the update-abs.sh script to use svn2abs for community and
>> pointing it at the right place...
>>
>> @Aaron: can you handle that given you know where these things are located?
>>

> Yeah. Do we want it running on sigurd or gerolde? I'm not sure where
> abs gets the files from these days - is it the .abs.tar.gz tarballs?

abs gets the files from the /srv/abs/rsync directory by default.  The
tarballs are just a backup method to retrieve the ABS files from the
mirrors when rsync is blocked.

So the question is, do we run svn2abs on gerolde which requires a
complete checkout of the SVN directory, or do we run it on sigurd and
rsync the changes to gerolde to then be rsynced to the masses.  The
first option is easiest to implement, but will have more overhead by not
doing the required SVN checkout locally.  I'm not sure how large that
overhead is.

Allan