[aur-general] Package search for community repo

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 19:11:57 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Heiko Baums<lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> This message is on the AUR home page now:
> "The AUR no longer manages the community repo. Entries on this site may
> be out of date."
>
> Principally a good idea. But will community be integrated into the
> package search on http://www.archlinux.org/packages/ or is such a
> package database on a separate location, so that community packages
> could be flagged out-of-date e.g.?

Actually, I'm still not sure on what we want to do here. I'd like
input from the TUs as to what they'd prefer....

Right now I'm thinking we may just integrate community into the main
site search, and give the TUs access to the dev website... but we need
to play with permissions to make sure people can only do what they're
supposed to