[aur-general] Package search for community repo

Daniel J Griffiths ghost1227 at archlinux.us
Wed Jul 22 19:32:47 EDT 2009

Ronuk Raval wrote:
> On July 22, 2009 06:58:31 pm Daniel J Griffiths wrote:
>
>> Community has a bugtracker, which should (ideally) be used to notify us
>> if a package is out of date or broken.
>>
> Right now the Flyspray for [community] has a rather clear notice that says:
> "Do NOT report bugs when a package is just outdated, or it is in Unsupported.
> Use the 'flag out of date' link on the package page, or the Mailing List.
>
> REPEAT: Do NOT report bugs for outdated packages!".
>
> Shouldn't that notice be updated to reflect current changes. What would be the
> recommended way of notifying TU's of an outdated package (mailing list or
> bugtracker?).

Personal opinion... Update the bugtracker to reflect the lack of a 'flag
out of date' option for community anymore, use bugtracker for anything
related to community packages. The TUs as a whole need to use the
bugtracker more anyway. (Wonder, back me up here)

--
Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227)
griffithsdj at archlinux.us
http://ghost1227.com