[aur-general] Package search for community repo

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 12:34:21 EDT 2009

2009/7/23 Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com>:
> This is absolutely no-go because this way bugtracker will be flooded
> with out-of date messages
> that have no useful information.

Agreed. The web interface is the best place to mark out-of-date. For
now, people can send to the maintainer directly.

> +1 for complete merging community into main website (with limited
> permissions for TUs)
> and removing community-related part of AUR
> (with a notice that if there was some important info in comments - it should be
> reported as bugs or it will be lost)

This information could be kept archived somewhere. A simple HTML dump
of the all the community package pages would suffice.

> (if there would be possibility to limit permissions per category then
> I would love
> to merge Community Packages bugtracker project as well,
> but that's not an option at this time).

That'd be really nice if possible. Then I wouldn't have to file two
bugs for each namcap tag.

--
Abhishek