[aur-general] TU application: Laszlo Papp

Biru Ionut biru.ionut at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 17:37:28 EDT 2009

Laszlo Papp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to formally express my interest in becoming a Trusted User.
> My name is Laszlo Papp and I'm addicted to archlinux. :) I'm a 23 year
> old from Hungary, working at a resourcement/development company as
> Embedded Linux Developer.
>
> I've been using Linux for more than 7 years. I used Gentoo until early
> 2008, and I learned a great deal about Linux in the process. I settled
> on Arch more than 1 year ago, nearly 1 and half :) Moving to Arch was
> easy for me, because of my years of experience with Gentoo. I was very
> attracted by the lack of dominance of money and business world and by
> the warm and friendly community.
>
> I have got some experience in Assembly, C, VHDL languages. I have
> written some open source usb kernel driver (for Passport Reader,
> Fingerprint Reader, etc.), and a pci kernel driver.  I've worked with
> PIC, AVR microcontrollers, DSP processors, ARM architecture, and FPGA
> design. I deal with Blackfin DSP board with Embedded Linux on it
> recently, and I try to help to write C/ASM API for this.
>
> My username on the BBS, AUR, Wiki, Bugs, and Freenode is
> djszapi. Mainly my contribution to archlinux community was on this
> sites. See the following URL for my packages in AUR:
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=djszapi
>
> I think that Arch does not have a significant presence in the embedded
> development area of community. I wish to make Arch a viable choice for
> an embedded developer, by maintaining more popular embedded
> development related packages in [community].  My Second purpose to do
> the best support in Arch for vim editor. I like to work from a text
> console, with framebuffer, and vim :) As a TU, I will offer my
> knowledge and time to improve my favourite distribution and also the
> open source world, which gave me so much in the last few years.
>
> I would like to add these packages to the [community] repo.
> 1. AVR microprocessor: avarice, avra, avr-gdb, kontrollerlab, simulavr,
> tavrasm, uisp,
> gnome-avrdude
> 2. PIC microprocessor: picasm, picp, picprog, pikdev, piklab, pk2cmd
> 3. Blackfin Digital Signal Processor: blackfin-toolchain-elf
> 4. Tinyos: nesc, tinyos, tinyos-tools
> 5. ARM architecture: openocd-svn
> 6. Picoblaze Softcore processor: kpicosim
> 7. FPGA design: ghdl-bin, verilator
> 8. Some common, like usb-serial converter driver: libftd2xx.
>
> Feel free to ask me, if something is obscure or you would like to know
> more about me.
>
> Thanks to Stefan Husmann for sponsoring me.
>
> Best Regards, Laszlo Papp

not many days ago you asked be if is frustrating to have 300 packages in
comparative with the number of packages that some TUs have. i see that
you got now only 78 packages. Can i asked you why did you got rid of the
rest? you picked up only the good ones?

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=vim&do_Orphans=Orphans&detail=1&L=0&C=0&SeB=nd&SB=n&SO=a&PP=25

--
Ionut