[aur-general] test request

M Rawash mrawash at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 02:02:58 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 12:59 +0800, Gergely Imreh wrote:
> 2009/6/4 M Rawash <mrawash at gmail.com>:
> > i'd like people with 32bit machines to test
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26733 for me.
> >
> > for some reason it gives me a "wrong ELF class" error on my i686
> > machine, so you'd have to actually run it before you can confirm that it
> > works..
> >
> > thanks,
> > M Rawash
> >

> Hi, some comments about the package:
>
> 1) for me it compiles just fine, but when try to run it, pops up an
> error dialog with:
> /usr/share/textadept//core/lua_dialog.lua:33: module 'gtk' not found:
> 	no field package.preload['gtk']
> 	no file '/usr/share/textadept//core/gtk.lua'
> 	no file './gtk.lua'
> 	no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/gtk.lua'
> 	no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/gtk/init.lua'
> 	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/gtk.lua'
> 	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/gtk/init.lua'
> 	no file 'gtk.so'

indeed, this is caused by the ELF error, so i guess i'll be removing the
i686 support for now, until i find a solution..

> 2) lua is listed as optional dependency, but in the PKGBUILD it is
> explicitly included. Is that right that way?

the source package includes a (slightly) modified lua distribution, so
it doesn't need to call the system-wide headers. lua is only needed for
scripting in this case.

> 3) according to namcap libffi is not needed, and it compiles fine
> without it. couldn't run it yet, so not sure that's really necessary

i'm not sure where it's needed exactly (obviously a runtime dependency),
but it's mentioned there on the project's homepage.

> 4) ".so" files are usually located at /usr/lib/${pkgname}

which ".so" are you talking about? if you mean "gtk.so" (the one that's
causing all the errors), that one is used internally by the editor, and
its position is essential for it to run successfully..

> 5) LICENSE is installed twice, once in /usr/share/licenses, and once
> in /use/share/textadept

yes, i noticed, i'm taking care of it.

> Cheers,
>    Greg