[aur-general] license

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Jun 7 14:19:53 EDT 2009

Ray Rashif wrote:
> I do not see BSD in /usr/share/licenses/common and only two packages out of
> 400+ on my system provide it. Is that intentional? Or is that because
> they've been installed with names like "COPYING"?

BSD licenseS are a special case, is more common to call "BSD style
license" rather than "The BSD license" ;) Many modifications are applied
to it in differents software. For more information and history see here [#1]

[#1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar