[aur-general] java pkgbuild

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 02:26:26 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 8:20 AM, nathan owe.<ndowens04 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Allan McRae wrote:
>>
>> nathan owe. wrote:
>>>
>>> i am trying to find an example java build on arch wiki, also been looking
>>> at the forums. is there no example pkgbuild that i can copy and put in
>>> /usr/share/pacman/
>>
>> There is none that I know of.   Most java packages just dump all their
>> files in /usr/share/java/${pkgname}/ and add a launcher script to /usr/bin.
>>
>> Allan
>>

> k thx. i guess i can figure it out. another question. how long normally does
> it take to be a TU. my main goal is just contributing to arch but being a TU
> would be nice one day

It really depends. Make sure you learn most he packaging tricks and
contribute to AUR. Once you are confident you know most tricks in the
book and you think we are also confident you did, get in contact with
one of the current TUs and ask them to sponsor you.
Alternatively you may ask one at some point what they think you should
improve before you apply to increase your chances.

Ronald