[aur-general] java

Marq Schneider queueram at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 22:55:57 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 18:09, nathan owe.<ndowens04 at gmail.com> wrote:
> nathan owe. wrote:
>>
>> this is confusing we need a easier PKGBUILD example for java. here is my
>> pkgbuild so far:
>>
>> /# Contributor: Nathan Owe <ndowens04 at gmail>
>> pkgname=jpartialdownloader
>> pkgver=1.9
>> pkgrel=1
>> pkgdesc=""
>> arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
>> url=""
>> license=('GPL')
>> groups=()
>> depends=('openjdk6')
>> makedepends=('openjdk6')
>>
>> source=(http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/jpd/$pkgname-$pkgver.zip)
>> md5sums=('86b60156ad7b7ac315b2bf9d11ed9841')
>>
>> build() {
>> cd $pkgname-$pkgver
>> mkdir -p "$pkgdir"/usr/share/java/$pkgname
>> cp -rf jpd.jar lib/ logs/ conf/ docs/ ${pkgdir}/usr/share/java/$pkgname/
>> /
>> but it has no run script that i can copy to $pkgdir/usr/bin so how do i do
>> it.
>>

> i've been looking at other's pkgbuild but i am not seeing a way yet.

One option is to create a shell script named something like 'jpd' with contents:
#!/bin/bash
java -jar /usr/share/java/jpartialdownloader/jpd.jar $@

and copy that into /usr/bin/ in the PKGBUILD.

Sometimes you have to do things yourself.

By the way, you might want to look into using 'java-environment' or
'java-runtime' for your depends instead of 'openjdk6'.  I'm not sure
which is correct.

-Marq