[aur-general] Request: Removal of "java-gstreamer"

Andrei Thorp garoth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:55:26 EDT 2009

Excerpts from Andrea Scarpino's message of Tue Jun 23 15:39:55 -0400 2009:
> On 23/06/2009, Vitaliy Berdinskikh <skipper13 at root.ua> wrote:
> > The original name is gstreamer-java
> But we have the policies, so if you want to package a project respect
> ours policies.
> please adopt java-gstreamer; after this, someone will delete gstreamer-java

I'm by no means arguing, but trying to get a clear idea here:

So does the policy override the project name of generically named
things (like libraries)? I'm just wondering where exactly there is a
split between where the name should be respected vs the policy.

Thanks,
--
Andrei Thorp, Developer: Xandros Corp. (http://www.xandros.com)

On a normal ascii line, the only safe condition to detect is a 'BREAK'
- everything else having been assigned functions by Gnu EMACS.
	-- Tarl Neustaedter