[aur-general] Request: Removal of "java-gstreamer"

Andrei Thorp garoth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:19:13 EDT 2009

Excerpts from Vitaliy Berdinskikh's message of Tue Jun 23 16:06:28 -0400 2009:
> В Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:39:55 +0200
> Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org> пишет:
>
> > On 23/06/2009, Vitaliy Berdinskikh <skipper13 at root.ua> wrote:
> > > The original name is gstreamer-java
> > But we have the policies, so if you want to package a project respect
> > ours policies.
> > please adopt java-gstreamer; after this, someone will delete
> > gstreamer-java
> >

> "
> *  If a Java library has a generic name, the package name should be
> prepended with the title java- to help distinguish it from other
> libraries. This is not necessary with uniquely named packages (like
> JUnit), end-user programs (like Eclipse), or libraries that can be
> uniquely described with another prefix (like
> jakarta-commons-collections or apache-ant).

I'd say that gstreamer-java is a generically named library, so it should
probably be java-gstreamer.

Thanks for clearing it up.
--
Andrei Thorp, Developer: Xandros Corp. (http://www.xandros.com)

Q: What's the big deal about rm, I have been deleting stuff for years?  And
   never lost anything.. oops!
A: ...
	-- From the Frequently Unasked Questions