[aur-general] Removing comments from AUR

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:28:12 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Daenyth Blank
<daenyth+arch at gmail.com<daenyth%2Barch at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 17:03, Grigorios Bouzakis<grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
> > May i suggest something slightly relevant, but probably very radical?
> > Disable comments on AUR completely.
>
> I agree that comments are not terribly useful on community packages,
> but I think they're important for [unsupported]. Maybe for community
> packages, only allow comments from the *maintainer* (or TU). My
> preference is to leave it as is. Granted, sometimes people report
> issues for community packages on the comment page, but that's no worse
> than people emailing the maintainer directly (since that's still not
> on the bug tracker), and is better because it's more visible.

I disagree on the "not being worst" part.
If Sergej who currently maintains more than 40% of the repo on his own read
the comments
on his packages, i imagine he would spend his life reading comments.
See for example the link with brain0's comment. "Reported" as a comment on
June 1st, fixed: never
reported in the bug tracker on the 16th. fixed on the 19th.
And from personal experience i can tell you that he fixes ASAP all the bugs
reported to him directly
by email.

Anyway my suggestion was about unsupported. I thought (but maybe i was
mistaking) that you guys
(TUs) had already decided to disable comments on community already the last
time this was brought up.

--
Greg