[aur-general] Removing comments from AUR

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:53:48 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Daenyth Blank
<daenyth+arch at gmail.com<daenyth%2Barch at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 17:43, Grigorios Bouzakis<grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe the maintainer should be able to add comments then?
> > Instead of having 100 user comments out of which 5-10, at best, are
> relevant
> > and useful.
> > eg. One package needs -Sf cause its a custom kernel or something
> > I email the maintainer and he adds it to his notes.
> >
> > --
> > Greg
> >

> I would be alright with this... Perhaps a setting like controllable by
> the maintainer that says "allow comments"?

why not allow the maintainers in unsupported to delete comments for their
packages, I don't think it will be too much misused? I remove from time to
time the crap out of the comments in my community/aur packages  so only the
more relevant things stay (if there are any).

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Daenyth Blank
<daenyth+arch at gmail.com<daenyth%2Barch at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 17:36, Ronald van Haren<pressh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > yes AUR can notify you at new comments, there is a checkbox. Point is
> that
> > the bug tracker is much easier as you can track bugs much easier. In AUR
> you
> > get notified once and forget about it if you're busy at that moment.
> >
> > Ronald
> >

> For community packages this is true, but where does that leave
> packages in unsupported?

I don't want to remove comments from them if that is what you mean. See my
comment above.

Ronald