[aur-general] Removing comments from AUR

Roberto Alsina ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar
Thu Jun 25 20:58:34 EDT 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009 21:23:22 Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
> If the user is too lazy to follow the maintainer link and then the
> link to his email, then he shouldnt
> be motivated enough to comment either.

Are we trying to package software or testing how motivated our users are?
Why make things harder *intentionally*?

> If there is need for further discussion, the script is horribly
> outdated and unmaintained, should
> be done, like its done now, on the mailing list or the bbs.
>
> How's that for "KISS" ?

Awful?

As a small-time maintainer I love that it's easy to tell me when my packages
have problems. Reporting a problem is not this bizarre test of motivation: "he
is not motivated enough so I don't want his comments", it's just everyday
usage!

And yes, deleting comments is useful because after the problem is fixed
it'just takes space.

A *very* simple bug tracker may do, too.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  KDE Developer (MFCH)
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'  http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'     The 6,855th most popular site of Slovenia
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'       according to alexa.com (27/5/2007)
"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs, I said.
We have a protractor. Okay, I’ll go home and see if I can scrounge up a
ruler and a piece of string."  — Neal Stephenson