[aur-general] Removing comments from AUR

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Fri Jun 26 04:31:29 EDT 2009

Am Fri, 26 Jun 2009 04:45:16 +0200
schrieb Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca>:

> I think you misunderstood my reply. It was not about comments being
> automatically pruned after a week. It was referring to a maintainer's
> ability to delete comments. If the maintainer is there to delete them,
> he is also there to read them.

Well, I see. I think I have indeed misunderstood your reply. ;-)

I'm not sure, if it's really necessary, but could make sense.

Maybe such a deletion blocker could only be implemented for malicious
reports. See the "report malicious code" button idea, which would post
a comment to the package and send an e-mail to this mailing list and/or
the TUs directly. Those "comments" could be blocked for at least a
week. And alternative could be, that only TUs get a button to remove
the warning after the maintainer has fixed the package and a TU has
reviewed the new code. Then such a timed blocker wasn't necessary.

And maybe the downloadlinks should be blocked at least for users (not
for TUs and the maintainer), if such a malicious code warning was sent,
if this is possible to implement.

It's a bit like the prior "package is save" function, but limited to
packages, which are reported as malicious. I hope there won't be too
many of them.

Cheers,
Heiko