[aur-general] new version for package holdingnuts

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 13:08:55 EDT 2009

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Dominik Geyer<dominik.geyer at gmx.de> wrote:
> > the old maintainer of the holdingnuts package seems to be inactive now
> > (had contact with him via mail). At the package's page it says
> > there's no maintainer. Is there a chance finding a new maintainer for it?
> >
> > There's a new version of this package (0.0.5) and I would like to see
> > it updated in Arch, too. The package structure hasn't changed, so it
> > might be a pure version bump.

That package is orphaned. You can sign up for an account on the AUR and
submit an updated version of the PKGBUILD if no one wants to maintain it.

Be careful if you're using yaourt or some other pacman wrapper.
Packages from the AUR are not supported by the developers.
It's a user/community run repository, so you can take part and
contribute too.