[aur-general] Delete duplicate xampp package

Ghost1227 ghost1227 at archlinux.us
Mon Mar 16 17:06:06 EDT 2009

Daenyth Blank wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 16:45, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh at lutzhaase.com> wrote:
>
>> Currently, there are two packages for xampp that do the same thing:
>> xampp-linux, which was there two years earlier and just xampp.
>> The xampp PKGBUILD is pretty much the xampp-linux PKGBUILD with
>> added stuff for taking care of x86_64 because the regular xampp-linux
>> package
>> will not work properly with x86_64.
>>
>> Therefore, this situation is a little complicated. I propose the
>> deletion of the xampp package
>> and notification of the xampp-linux package maintainer in order to make
>> the package
>> x86_64 compatible.
>>

> Which is the proper name though? If the xampp PKGBUILD is better, and
> that's how it should be named, we should keep that one, perhaps orphan
> it so the original maintainer can take care of it

xampp is the proper name... the addition of -linux to the end of the
name is redundant (especially on a linux system). I concur with
Daenyth's recommendation, the properly named/more updated package should
be orphaned so that the original maintainer can take over, assuming that
he or she wishes to.

--
Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227)
griffithsdj at archlinux.us