[aur-general] System cleaning?

Brandon Martin bmartin at cu3edweb.com
Wed Mar 25 10:31:58 EDT 2009

You would think that I would have been using arch long enough to know
how to do this buy I don't. I was using gnome then I tried to
uninstall it and I used kdemod for a little while but know I want to
use gnome again. I uninstalled kdemod and reinstalled gnome but it
just doesn't seem as snappy as it was before. Plus I have easytag
installed and when I click the home folder from the places menu it
opened easytag. On top of that when I was connected to a remote FTP
and I try to edit and save something I get a gvfs error. This use to
work fine before. In the past I have usually just done a fresh install
because I am weird about having only what I need installed and have
never taken the time to learn all I can do with pacman.

So my main question is can how do I do a major cleaning removing what
I don't need and how do I check if I am missing something I do need
since I am running into a few oddities. What is the best way to get my
system clean and mean.

Thanks for any insight.

--
Brandon Martin