[aur-general] [arch-dev-public] Status of arch=any ?

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Wed May 6 01:53:07 EDT 2009

2009/5/6 Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net>:
> OK, back to topic. First of all, the git repo you gave me does not have
> the patches from Abhishek. I finally figured out that I had to pull his
> branch any-arch from github.

Aaron's git repo also mirrors my any-arch branch on github so you
should have got it when you cloned.

> I have fixed quite a few bugs in db-update and rewritten some sections
> (patch attached).
>
> Then I have tested it quite intensively with all possible scenarios,
> and, as far as I can tell, it works fine!
>
> BTW, the script convert-to-any is quite broken. I have first tried to
> fix it but soon realized it is actually not a good idea to rely on it at
> all. Better to create clean packages for arch=any instead.

There are quite a lot of packages which need to be moved to the any
architecture. If all of them have to be rebuilt it'll be a waste of time.
I'll look through the convert-to-any script and try to fix it next week.
Making this script work properly will save us a lot of time later.

--
Abhishek