[aur-general] An idea for vim scripts/plugins

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun May 10 06:04:19 EDT 2009

Being a Vim user and having just moved to Arch I noticed that most (all?)
packages for Vim plugins install system wide.  This may not be desirable
since
it means all users get all the plugins, and not using pacman for plugins
puts
the burden of keeping up-to-date on the individual users.

So, inspired by Debian's vim-additions-manager, I came up with a (fairly)
light-weight solution: vim-scripts-mgr[1].  It looks for available Vim
plugins
in `/usr/share/vim-scripts` (one directory per plugin) and can install and
uninstall individual plugins by adding symbolic links in ~/.vim for a user.

I've already uploaded two Vim plugins that make use of it, Align[2] and
haskellmode[3].

I'd be thrilled if others who package Vim plugins would consider using it.

/M

[1]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26318
[2]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26319
[3]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26343