[aur-general] Mutt vs Gmail (Was: An idea for vim scripts/plugins)

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Mon May 11 10:35:54 EDT 2009

2009/5/11 Andrei Thorp <garoth at gmail.com>:
> Also, despite the mutt way being pretty nice and unixy (letting me
> script it easily into my window manager and so on), gmail just has an
> excellent interface with the folding, images, and so on. I hate to not
> use the classic mail setup everywhere, but it's just not as tidy
> anymore :/
>
> What do people think on this topic? I personally find gmail to be
> extremely convenient, but I'm willing to be enlightened otherwise.

I use the gmail interface mostly but keep a backup using offlineimap.
In principle it's possible to use mutt+offlineimap but with my slow
internet connection it takes quite a while to sync; also offlineimap
crashes quite often when trying to download attachments over
5 MB. Earlier I used fdm but that downloaded quite a few mails more
than once.

--
Abhishek