[aur-general] Mutt vs Gmail (Was: An idea for vim scripts/plugins)

Ricardo Martins ricardo at scarybox.net
Mon May 11 16:22:24 EDT 2009

Heh, I knew you would say that.

I can't get used to vimperator (tried it several times) and I like mutt's
interface better than gmail's (for instance, mutt's threads view is way
clearer, imo).

I also found that I could read all new emails much faster in mutt than
in gmail -- I just TAB my way around in each label/directory instead
of clicking and scrolling. My muscle/finger memory makes me more
efficient at using mutt than the web interface, that's all.

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 20:40, Andrei Thorp <garoth at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the sake of argument, isn't there an offline mode for gmail, as
> well as vimperator for even more keyboard binding goodness?
>
> -AT
>
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Ricardo Martins <ricardo at scarybox.net>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 May 2009 13:13, Andrei Thorp wrote:
> >> sup and offlineimap seem promising. I'll want to look into them more
> >> in the future.
> >>
> >> For the sake of discussion, what is it that you folks prefer about
> >> your offline setups vs gmail-in-browser?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> -AT
> >
> > I love mutt and had Gmail's web interface discard my emails accidentally
> when I
> > was composing them. I also like being able to access my email even when
> I'm
> > offline.
> >
> > It's mostly habit, though. I prefer avoiding the mouse and using the
> keyboard (I
> > know about gmail's keyboard shortcuts), so mutt makes sense in my case.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> >  Ricardo Martins  *  ricardomartins.cc  *  GPG key: 0x1308F1B4

Regards,
--
Ricardo Martins  *  scarybox.net  *  GPG key: 0x1308F1B4