[aur-general] removing versionpkg from [community]

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Wed May 20 08:23:33 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'll be removing versionpkg [1] from [community] soon as its functionality
> is already built into makepkg now. It was last updated two years ago
> by dtw,
>
> However this will break make_e17 [2] which depends on versionpkg.
>
> [1]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=9272
> [2]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=7616
>
> --
> Abhishek

Just remove it, both actually. The source of make_e17 is not available
anymore and probably wouldn't work anyways as the last update was a year
ago. Since then there have been a few additions/changes to the e17 sources
so I doubt all needed modules are available in  the script (if it were
actually there).
If people want to build e17 from source I have a python script which is
linked on the wiki which makes use of the PKGBUILDs in ABS and there is
easy_e17 available which just installs all packages without creating
.pkg.tar.gz from it.

Ronald