[aur-general] changing the status of the maintainer field

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Thu May 21 04:37:41 EDT 2009

Many packages in Arch don't have Maintainer tags in their
PKGBUILDs (around 345 last time I checked). Also quite a few
the PKGBUILDs are not updated by the current maintainer.

It is better to do away with maintainer tags altogether, since
their functionality can be obtained from the web interface itself.

Another alternative which I prefer (and which was discussed a
while back) is to elevate the maintainer tag to a proper *required*
tag which would be parsed by the Django frontend to update
the maintainer list.

--
Abhishek