[aur-general] changing the status of the maintainer field

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Thu May 21 10:42:12 EDT 2009

On Thu, 21 May 2009 19:07:03 +0530
Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/5/21 Alper KANAT <tunix at raptiye.org>:
> > And what if I adopted a package from someone? Am I a Contributor or
> > a Maintainer on that case?
> >

> In all cases the Maintainer tag if present should have the same
> information as that of the web interface. Otherwise it loses its
> relevance.

email addresses can change and be off, the tag in the PKGBUILD rarely
contains the username but the realname is mostly the same, all
provided a new maintainer didn't forget to add his credentials to the
PKGBUILD. So yeah, the information is almost always different to some
degree.

But: what must be the same? I realise that it would be nice if it
was the same.

Philipp