[aur-general] changing the status of the maintainer field

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Fri May 22 01:07:09 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 12:25 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> BAH!  ...and again, BAH!
>
> It is a comment people...  just a comment.  makepkg and pacman don't care
> about it and nor should anyone else!
>
> Allan

Exactly, I don't care about it, but there are people who care about
that, why? don't know, i guess, some people would like to know that
they contributes or contributed :P.

/*
But seeing this in a technical way, the PKGBUILD should have a field
(or a _useless for somepeople_ comment) with the name of the
responsible of this work, at least for send e-mails to the maintainer
(even if he/she will ignore it as always happens) for asking features,
or reporting bugs (even if the bt exist and even if the people and
maintainers are careless about it).
*/

# Just my opinion, comments are useful ;P

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net