[aur-general] changing the status of the maintainer field

Andrei Thorp garoth at gmail.com
Fri May 22 08:45:12 EDT 2009

Yeah, can we get back to Abhishek's topic please?

I think I agree with his thinking:
 - Make the maintainer a proper singular bash variable string
 - Make the contributors a praper bash array
 - Let the web interface hold onto its own metadata (I don't think
anyone wants the web interface editing PKGBUILDs)
 - Possibly rename maintainer to owner and keep contributors contributors
   - Or if more clear, rename maintainer to current_maintainer and
contributors to past_maintainers

That should clear everything up and prevent further discussion.

-AT