[aur-general] Package Removal discid

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Tue May 26 05:38:43 EDT 2009

Am Mon, 25 May 2009 17:37:38 +0530
schrieb Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg at gmail.com>:

> 2009/5/25 Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de>:
> > At least for now, it is necessary to have community packages also in
> > AUR, because there's no package database for community as it is for
> > core, extra and testing. At least I don't know such a package
> > database.
>
> community.db.tar.gz on the mirrors is downloaded every time
> you do a pacman -Sy.

I know this, but this the repo, not the database. The database I mean,
is this one: http://www.archlinux.org/packages/

And such a database doesn't exist for community. So AUR is the only way
to find infos about community packages, to contact a maintainer, and to
flag a package out-of-date.

> > So AUR is the only possible place, where to flag a community
> > package as out-of-date, where to file bug reports for a community
> > package or where to contact the package maintainer for other
> > purposes regarding such a package.
>
> Bugs for [community] packages should be reported in the Community
> Packages section of the Arch Linux bugtracker and *not* in comments.

When adding a new task to Flyspray, I only see these repos in the
"Category" field:
Packages: Extra
Packages: Core
Packages: Testing

But there's no
Packages: Community

So the only way for filing bug reports for community packages is AUR.

Heiko