[aur-general] Install in a click from AUR webpages

Giorgio giorgio at gilestro.tk
Sun Nov 1 12:32:16 EST 2009

Here I little hack I coded to install packages directly from the AUR frontend.

Needed:
- yaourt
- Firefox with greasemonkey (https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/748) or
any greasemonkey-scripts accepting browser.

Steps:

1. Create a small bash script called aur_opener.sh containing the
following code:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
gnome-terminal -x /usr/bin/yaourt -S ${1//aur:\/\//}

2. Make the script executable

3. Open about:config in Firefox and add the following variable:

network.protocol-handler.app.aur

with value:

path to aur_opener.sh

>From now on, every time you click on a link like the following:
aur://pkgname yaourt will start.

4. Install the greasemonkey script AURlizer
(http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/61015).

5. Visit any page on the AUR db. A new symbol [↓] will appear next to
the package name. Click on it and install!

Enjoy.
PS
Obviously, it would be very easy to implement this directly into
yaourt / the AUR db.

--
Giorgio F. Gilestro
http://www.gilestro.tk