[aur-general] script to check a binary package for architecture-independence

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 09:34:51 EST 2009

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> Hello
>
> There is no attach here.

The script is here: http://the-brannons.com/isanypkg
The attachment must have been scrubbed.  Plus, gmail doesn't give me copies of
mail that I send to the list.  Broken, broken gmail!

> [2] Should also check the machine (sufficient), because there are
> packages for example AVR and ARM that from point of view of -any are
> "architecture-independence". (some "crazy" :P packages have SPARC ELFs)
> [3] And also (I din't see the script, so i just suppose), you also need
> to exactarc archives files (.a) and analize the content of each object

Thanks so much for your insight!  Your guess was right; I forgot about
members of ar archives.

On second thought, I wonder if these sorts of checks should be done
within namcap?

-- Chris