[aur-general] Community commit messages

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 13:22:11 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri 06 Nov 2009 18:51 +0100, Ronald van Haren wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hey TUs,
>> > Please make descriptive commit messages when committing changes
>> > to SVN. I've seen a lack of messages, or cryptic ones like 'FS#1234'.
>> > Please describe the change, or the issue it's solving in plain language.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >

>> FS#1234 - ypbind-mt needs to be upgraded on cvs
>>
>> it was fixed in August of 2004 :-p
>
> That's just an example of the types of messages that are committed.
> I didn't bother recording the actual numbers, so I just wrote 1234.
> Maybe 9999 would have been more obvious. Anyways I hope you are not
> confused and you understand my point.

gheh lol, I understood your point (note the ':-p' after my message).

Either way, most of the time I agree it's a good idea to put a simple
message after the bug idea, as long we don't write whole stories
(there is the bug report for that). It makes it eassier to spot things
of interest, I don't know bug numbers by heart.

Ronald