[aur-general] perl-libwww duplicates

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Wed Nov 11 19:58:06 EST 2009

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:19:08 -0500
Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 14:36, Cedric Staniewski <cedric at gmx.ca> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > There are several packages in the AUR which provides exactly the same package as perl-libwww from extra does. Apparently, it is a pacpan related issue and therefore these packages are required by other ones. Deleting them is likely no solution as they will get uploaded again by another pacpan user.
> >
> > Cedric
> >

> > => perl-http-headers
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25730
> >
> > => perl-http-request
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25736
> >
> > => perl-http-response
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25735
> >
> > => perl-lwp-simple
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27566
> >
> > => perl-lwp-useragent
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25734
> >

> I'm going to cc this to xyne

Thanks.

This is because perl-libwww only provides libwww-perl in the PKGBUILD
when in it actually provides over 50 modules/packages. I'll open a
ticket on the bug tracker and then take care of the listed pacakges in
the AUR.

I'll post any updates here.

Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to ask everyone packaging CPAN
modules to at least look at the provides string generated by pacpan. It
cross-references all names with their associated source files to
generate a comprehensive list.

Regards,
Xyne