[aur-general] Application as a Trusted User

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Sat Nov 21 12:09:27 EST 2009

On 21/11/2009, Thorsten Töpper <atsutane at freethoughts.de> wrote:
> About my packages:
> I maintain 10 packages in AUR[1], whereby I also participate in the
> development of the i3 window manager to whom's project family 6 of
> these packages belong(3 projects, each as stable and git package), the
> other four are the git package of the newsbeuter feedreader and the
> cococpp package which is a build dependency for the previously named,
> structorizer which is a Java program to design structograms (or Nassi-
> Schneiderman diagrams) and a mecurial package for objfw which is a
> portable framework for the Objective C language, not one of them was
> adopted. If you want to see their history, I also keep them in a git
> repository at github.com[2].
Hi Thorsten,
you don't need to include LICENSE file for packages that use GPL or
common licenses (e.g. cococp), and you can omit 'custom:' when a
package is licensed under BSD or MIT.
Why do you use package() function when the package isn't a splitted package?
Also, you don't need to put Contributor/Maintainer tag twice (e.g.
objfw-hg) and you can omit empty arrays from PKGBUILD (e.g.
newsbeuter-git).
Ah, another little thing: don't include $pkgname in description (e.g.
structorizer).

Regards

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino