[aur-general] avoid usage of fakeroot: always use of build() and package() (Was: application as a TU)

Laszlo Papp djszapi at archlinux.us
Sun Nov 22 04:41:12 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> With a package() function, you can actually change the
> contents of the package.
>
> Splitting of the build and package steps is one of the most
> under-appreciated features in the last pacman release.  It is really good to
> see someone actually using it.  (I do not and I implemented it!)
>
> Allan

May I ask what's the policy in case of earlier submitted, but working packages ?
Is it needed to modify according to this new feature immediately if
otherwise the packages work well and no requirement until now from the
users for splitting
Is it enough to modify according to this feature only that time if I
need to change the PKGBUILDs because of other reason(s) too ?

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp