[aur-general] avoid usage of fakeroot: always use of build() and package() (Was: application as a TU)

Laszlo Papp djszapi at archlinux.us
Sun Nov 22 06:44:22 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:37 PM, vlad <vla at uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> Hi Allen,
>
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 09:30:39PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>> vlad wrote:
>> >Hi all,

>> >However, "install" is quite inconvenient when copying directories with many
>> >files inside. Simply running "cp" and then changing permissions with
>> >"
>> >find ${pkgdir}/.../ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
>> >find ${pkgdir}/.../ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
>> >"
>> >is a reasonable workaround, at least for me.
>> >Vlad
>>
>> read "man install":
>> e.g.
>> install -t $pkgdir/target src/dir/*
>>
> This works only if there are only files in that directory. Subfolders
> are not copied. So one has to run "install" for each folder. "cp" copies
> everything - files and folders.
>
> --

If the copying is not so multiple, I use for;do;done cycle to solve it.

There are some 'cp' In core/extra/community too:

grep -R " cp " /var/abs/core/*/PKGBUILD | wc -l
82
grep -R " cp " /var/abs/extra/*/PKGBUILD | wc -l
341
grep -R " cp " /var/abs/community/*/PKGBUILD | wc -l
430

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp