[aur-general] Status of the Chromium/Chrome packages on AUR

Panos Filip panosfilip at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 22:44:14 EST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 12:44 AM, Panos Filip <panosfilip at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, I think we are gonna see new packages coming.
>
> http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/snapshots/chromium-rel-linux-chromeos/
>
> Guess what ... :p

OK, as I knew, we are gonna have new packages again:

1) chromiumos-bin http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=32290
2) chromium-os-bin http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=32118

The first one .... hmm... is a copy of a PKGBUILD I uploaded on
bbs.archlinux.org based on chromium-browser-bin. The user didn't seem to be
interested on uploading the sources (chromium-browser.desktop
chromium-browser.png
chromium-browser.sh
LICENSE.txt) as well, and renamed accordingly.

The second one is more proper, but has to be renamed.

That means: we "need"* the (2) but with the (1)'s name.

*We don't really need the chromium-os chromium interface as standalone
packages, only the standalone browser.