[aur-general] Unable to submit package

Gergely Imreh imrehg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 04:38:45 EST 2009

2009/11/29 Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:
> edogawaconan wrote:
>>
>> After 'cleaning up' a package I'm maintaining (nginx-unstable), and
>> verifying it can be built and works fine, AUR rejected the package.
>> Reverting to old version (with updated version) works fine.
>>
>> error message:
>> "Missing build function in PKGBUILD."
>>
>> package:
>> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18036
>>
>> Problematic version attached.
>
> Attachments do not work on this list, but the error message is quite clear.
>  Does your PKGBUILD have a build() function?

The error message is simple, but the meaning is not that
straightforward: AUR can miss the build function when makepkg has no
problem, e.g. in case of a bug in bash-type variable replacements....
I'm not saying that it is the case for this PKGBUILD, but wouldn't be
the first bug like this, as much as I remember.

Do .gz attachments work on this list? If they do, please attach the
compressed faulty PKGBUILD.

Cheers,
    Greg