[aur-general] Small regexp to update md5 in PKGBUILD

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 10:26:11 EDT 2009

2009/10/9 Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:
> Sergej Pupykin wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This script updates or inserts md5sum
>> just run this script in PKGBUILDs dir.
>>
>> It works for my packages at least)
>>
>> It is better than
>>
>> makepkg -g >>PKGBUILD
>>
>> because it inserts md5 just before build() function.
>
> I guess your attachment got scrubbed.   Also, see:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15051

So if anyone wants to actually implement Allan's request :
"Now as for the implementation. A couple of things I think could be
improved. First, a PKGBUILD can specify multiple hashes which with the
above would result in multiple copies of whatever is generated by
"makepkg -g". So each hash should be updated separately. That also
means not using the "makepkg -g" output but having to generate it."

The right behavior would indeed to use the hashsums already defined in
the pkgbuild.

Actually makepkg -g could do that too. First use the hashsums already
defined in the pkgbuild. If no hashsum is defined, use makepkg.conf
setting for integrity check.