[aur-general] AUR "Jamie" account

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Mon Oct 12 14:50:14 EDT 2009

> When I said inactivity I wasn't talking about someone who hadn't posted
> in a while. I'm talking about accounts that have been active for six
> years and /never /used.

I generally agree with most of what has been said so far. The only
reason that I consider this reasonable is that an AUR account is only
used for two things: package management and voting. If a user creates
and account but does neither of those then the account servers
absolutely no purpose.

I have no idea when that account was registered though. It may be
very recent or from the prehistoric era before Phrack got hacked.

Just to be clear, I would try to contact the owner first, but if the
owner never replied after a reasonable amount of time and has never
used the account, then I really don't see why it should be left alone.
It's just clutter on the AUR as it is now.

I also agree that this is a rather exceptional case as I think most
users keep the same name for different accounts.

On a related note, maybe it would be a good idea to turn on
auto-pruning for AUR accounts. If you have never voted or submitted a
package, your account gets deleted after 3-6 months. Just a tangential
though.