[aur-general] chromium packages

Panos Filip panosfilip at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:23:38 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Biru Ionut <biru.ionut at gmail.com> wrote:

> HI,
> i'm opening this subject again. sorry for that.
>
> i want to delete them tonight and i want to ask you guys which is the best
> package to have(and renamed) conform this proposal:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Chromium_proposal
>
> chromium-browser-svn  will not be deleted.
> chromium-bin i can't choose one from that list because i don't know which
> one is good. just tell me which one and i'll email the maintainer to upload
> with a different name.
>
> --
> Ionut

I think that the best is:

1) ONE chromium-browser-bin-latest, because -latest- will make clear that it
isn't a stabilized or stable release and it will download the ... latest.
The one that Stefan Husmann suggests is the best I suppose. And it should be
the zip from googlebot. It's the (2) (the svn build) in zip.
2) ONE chromium-browser-svn : it exists. No problem. It can be built
succesfully on x86_32 and x86_64.