[aur-general] octave and scilab startup error

Uli Armbruster uli.armbruster at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 23 14:36:37 EDT 2009

Hi

First of all, I have [testing] enabled and I'm on 32bit.

I wanted to take a look at these two alternatives of matlab. Both of them don't work here, both are complaining about a missing library

error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

After installing gcc-fortran it worked, so it seems like we need a rebuild here with corrected dependencies for [testing] (octave) and [community-testing] (scilab)

Greetz
Army