[aur-general] Which package for cuda

Imanol Celaya ornitorrincos at archlinux-es.org
Thu Oct 29 09:58:13 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Imanol Celaya
<ornitorrincos at archlinux-es.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need cuda for some of my applications, and just realized that nvidia
>> has outsourced the cuda driver to another package. I could easily
>> download this driver and install it, however it would be great, if I
>> could use aur.
>>
>> I have seen some packages containing "cuda" in the name, but the package
>> "cuda" just seems to be a meta package, which depends on cuda-toolkit
>> and cuda-sdk, which I don't need at all.
>>
>> So is there any package I can install just to gain the possibility to
>> use cuda, but not to install the sdk (nor the toolkit)?
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de>

I hit the wrong button.

doesn't the package nvidia-utils provide cuda?

[ilcra1989 at acheron ~]$ pacman -Ql nvidia-utils | grep cuda
nvidia-utils /usr/include/cuda/
nvidia-utils /usr/include/cuda/cuda.h
nvidia-utils /usr/include/cuda/cudaGL.h
nvidia-utils /usr/lib/libcuda.so