[aur-general] Some packages to consider deleting...

Smartboy smartboyathome at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:24:45 EDT 2009

I went through parts of AUR today intending to find some packages which
could be deleted for various reasons. Here is what I got:

audacious-beta <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26394>,
audacious-plugins-beta <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26395>:
Its an old, unmaintained version of Audacious. The version in the repos is 2
minor versions ahead of this one. I think it can safely be removed without
hurting anything.

bang <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15238>:
This hasn't been maintained upstream for a while, and doesn't even build
anymore. There is always Ecomorph, which is somewhat more maintained
upstream.

beryl-bmenu, beryl-desktopclick, beryl-screensaver:
Beryl isn't available for Arch anymore, and hasn't been developed for over 2
years now. These can be removed.

cairo-newspr <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16587>:
Gentoo isn't even using the patches anymore, and the maintainer abandoned
it. I see no reason for this package to stick around.

catalyst-vanilla <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24451>:
Old, unmaintained, a duplicate of the catalyst pkgbuild, and the old
maintainer even asked for it to be deleted in the comments. Those should be
reason enough to delete this PKGBUILD.

ejourn <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=2772>:
Project page is down, with the program innacessable. Package hasn't been
updated in 3 years. It should be deleted.

enna-cvs <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=14653>:
e17 switched to svn long ago. This should be deleted.

php4-gtk <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=730>:
This is for php version 4, which isn't available in arch. Hasn't been
updated in years.

qtpoveditor <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=2719>:
Doesn't work anymore, and isn't supported either.

rstatd <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=2557>:
Doesn't work anymore, program itself last updated in 2005.

Hope this helps make AUR just a little bit cleaner. ;)
Smartboy